Thursday, March 3, 2011

Transparency

Why is it that people are so fake? When you ask how some one is doing they immediately reply, I'm good.  Is that the truth? God never called for independent folk. Throughout His Word He called for unity. He said when two or three are gather together in my name, I will be in the mist. He commanded us to intercede for one another. How can we do this if everyone putting on a front? We got to change our thinking!!! God does not work like man. Perfect love cast out all fear. Do you really believe that no weapon formed against you shall prosper? If so be real and trust that God got your back and open up, God uses people to fulfill His purpose. Stop looking for an angel to speak directly to you. God's got a word in the neighbors mouth if you be transparent.

2 comments:

  1. I feel that people put up a front for the sake of not getting hurt or wanting people to think that they are doing better than they really are. On one hand I say do you, on the other hand I say get real. The truth of the matter is if you a...re not real people really do not respect you. And maybe they don't want to connect to you because you always have your guard up. Maybe they just want to love you and be there for you, but everytime your body language says, "I don't need you." "I don't need anyone." And if you hurt me I will never open up to you because I hold a grudge and I don't forgive you. These people are only hurting themselves, because they have a victim mentality instead of a victor mentality. You see God is Love. Do we receive the love of God when we shut others out and down? God says, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (NIV, John 13:34-35) This does not mean everybody needs to know everything about you. However, listening, showing concern and care goes a very long way. This is what Jesus did. Be a Victor and sow and reap love and cast the Victim out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good! However, I don't feel that because someone says their doing good although they are not, means they are fake. Often times, I ask people how they are doing and the reply is "what good will it do if I tell the truth on how I truly feel because no one would care and what can they do to change it? Which is true. People don't want to hear other people complain or talk about their issues because they have their own to deal with. And because most people think/feel like that it is best to reply "I'm good" even when in fact their not. Some things are better left unsaid and let God deal with them, especially when it comes to someone you don't know.

    ReplyDelete