Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Procrastination vs. Waiting on the Lord

How do you know when doing nothing is procrastination or waiting on God? I ask the Lord today, because I know this is what most believers struggle with trying to decipher.  So I researched the scriptures. I found many that encourage us to wait and then I look that the context they were wrote in. I saw that writer exalted us to wait when being oppressed or weak in place of  moving in our feelings or flesh.  Then I compared them to scriptures that admonished us that God orders the steps of the righteous. He blesses us and everywhere our foot shall tread.  God leads, but to be lead you must be moving.  Fear of making mistakes leads to procrastination.  Did not God promise that all things will turn around for our good? So wait on the Lord to strengthen you when feeling weak or seems that you are being attacked on every side and want to retaliate.  However, trust the Lord that when you move He moves and guides you along the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment