Monday, March 21, 2011

Selfish love

I recall a statement a ex made to me that I didn't care about him. I thought how I absurd. I had been faithful. I had been long-suffering and giving him my all. However, I didn't direct him to God. I was too selfish wanting him to please me, be loyal to me and think about me. I blamed him for making me hurt. Me, me, me. What about God? Every man has a soul or did I not think his was not worthy of salvation. Did I really think I was his Saviour? For it is not my curves that maintain a man's attraction. It is not the warmth of my thighs around his waist that sustains his desires nor is it my down home cooking that fills his appettite. It is the love of Jesus that stops a man from searching, but I was too selfish to let him see Jesus. I wanted him all to myself. How have you been selfish? Maybe he wouldn't be a baby daddy if we had introduced him to a real Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! This is so true! I truly believe that until a man loves and has a real relationship with God, he would not be fully able to understand how to love his wife. And the same goes for the woman. I wish i had learned this 13 years ago myself, but i have found that as you allow God to minister to you, and as you build a relationship with "Daddy", he begins to build or rebuild relationships around you. GThe bible states that a wise woman builds her home and a foolish woman tears it down in one day. Wow, ONE DAY you can tear down your home!! or maybe just in one statement...the power of life and death truly lies within our tongue. It is so equally important for us as women to know God so that we can minister to our husbands and potential husbands in a way that builds him up and encourages him to be all God intended for him to be.

    ReplyDelete