Monday, March 7, 2011

Seeing through God's eyes

I recently held my teen mentor session and the remarks the boys were making were offensive to women. I couldn't believe how they were feeling. I felt discouraged that I couldn't get through to this boys. Then God woke me early the next morning and showed me a scared boy filled with fear and rejection. He told me to tell them He knew them in the womb and has great plans for them. He reminded me that you know the tree by the fruit that it bears. If that tree is bearing hurt that is because it growing from hurt. These boys needed me and needed me to see them as God see them. That scared little boy needed a great big God to tell them it was going be okay and that I got you. We are the representatives of God. How can we represent God when we don't see like He sees?

1 comment:

  1. WOW! How can we present God when we REFUSE to see as He see's?? thats good right there! The answer is that we cant, in my opinion. Seeing as WE want to see people prevents us from doing Gods will. He may have us to minister to a prostitute, but because we cant get past her tight leather skirt, we drown out Gods voice that gives us the words to say to her. Instead all we hear is "ugh, now she know she ought to be a shamed of herself"....when the truth of the matter is she most likely IS ashamed. Tell her something else she dont already know. tell her something that will show her that she is beautiful, that she doesnt have to do what she's doing, and show her how she can start over. I challenge us all to get our eyes reexamined.

    ReplyDelete