Friday, June 10, 2011

NOT JUST FOR THE ELDERS

When I was younger, I used to think that religion or christianity was something that the adults and senior citizens participated in. That none of that stuff applied to me , or that when I got older, I would then get more involved. Some how I thought, "hey I'm just a child...I'm only required to get good grades, stay in school, do my chores, and not have sex." I mean, wasn't that good enough? Wasn't that enough responsibility for a child? Well, sorry to say that the answer is NO. Having a relationship with God is NOT just for your parents, grandparents, or that little old widow humming on the front pew. It is for you as well. All who have breath aught to praise and worship the Lord. As a matter of fact, in the day and time that we live in now, you NEED this relationship with God just to be able to; stay in school, get good grades, not have sex...etc..With all of the pressures from your peers or maybe even family memebers, you need to be able to get down on your own knees and pray for strength. There is no specific age in which you should begin to serve and call on the Lord. Young people are dying so soon these days....heaven and hell is still a factor for you. Give God your life, give Him your heart today. If you don't fully understand all there is to know about christianity, seek a family memeber who you know may have the answers. Or someone in a church. Pray that God will reveal His truth to you, even at your age. God says that you are the apple of His eye, and He keeps you close to His heart. Even when you call on Him HE WILL answer you. Your prayers dont have to be filled with big words, nor does it have to be long. Will you be set apart and serve Him today?
"The day you hear My voice...harden NOT your heart." sayth the Lord
Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment